Friday, September 11, 2009

a big week for bean

Willa grew up so much and mastered so much this week. She's 7 1/2 months old.

1. She took her first few real crawls.

2. She finally started to get the hang of eating. She started to open her little mouth for me when I offer her a bite. Hooray! Now she swallows more food than she spits out. And she ate her first cracker. (well she sucked on it and chewed it up and then spit it out)

3. She learned how to get into the sitting position when she is laying down and learned how to lay down when she is sitting up.

4. She learned how to stand up. She holds onto furniture or whatever and pulls herself into the standing position.

5. She stood up in the crib for the fist time so we had to lower her crib mattress.

6. She went to bed without mom for the first time. (I was called into Young Women's so I have to go to mutual now. Matt does a great job putting Willa to bed.)

Wow! What a week! We need to baby proof our house. Big time! All of a sudden, Willa's all over the place.

This picture shows Willa's new smile. She's started to scrunch up her eyes when she smiles. It makes her look like a little Asian. (She's laying in a pile of felt)

5 comments:

dockters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dockters said...

She's looking so grown up, Lindsay!! She's so cute! I can't believe all that she's suddenly doing.

Now that she can move on her own your life is going to change drastically! Hold on!

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

So cute! Just wait, she'll be climbing in no time!

little dub said...

OK, I'm caught up now. I feel like I'm back in the Wetzel loop after reading the last few posts. I love that you are liking Memphis. Cora too has had a growth spurt of development, sitting up more and more, talking up a storm and scootching a lot!

JoJo said...

her smile just makes me laugh