Monday, April 11, 2011

2 weeks old


Here are a bunch of random pictures and memories from Clark's first 2 weeks at home.

My mom was here and stayed almost three weeks with us.  It was SOOOO nice to have her.  She worked hard taking care of me and my kids (kids - did I just write that?) and my house.  Thank you!  Thank you!

Willa loves her baby brother.  She still squeals and gets excited when she sees him in the morning or after a nap.  She thinks it's great fun to stick her finger in Clark's mouth and feel him suck on it.  Luckily, he's a patient little guy and puts up with Willa's lovin'.

My mom accidently put a pair of Clark's pants in Willa's dresser.  Willa managed to put them on (she's such a little skinny binny) and wore them like they were little bermudas.  We laughed and laughed and laughed at the sight of her running around in the little pants. 

Clark had his two week check up at the pediatrician.  He weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces (b/w 50% & 75%) and was 21 & 1/4 inches long (90%).  The doctor gave me the go ahead to give Clark his first bath since his umbilical cord had fallen off (around 1 week) and his circumcision was healing well.  He seemed to love it....as did Willa.

We also enjoyed a weekend visit from my Dad.  It was a busy couple of days.  Thanks for visiting! 





It has been a good two weeks.  We spent most of our time at home adjusting.  But to keep Willa happy we also did a few fun things...story time, the park, Botanic Gardens, & the Crawfish Festival.  Clark slept through every outing.  He is quite the sleeper.

Our master bedroom is downstairs and the other three bedrooms are upstairs so for now, Clark's nursery is in our closet.


Now we just have to survive for 4 days.  My parents left on Sunday, but Matt's parents and twin sisters are coming Wednesday.  My only goals are to get some sleep and shower everyday.  So far, so good.

5 comments:

Emilee said...

Good goals. Especially the sleep. :)

Moe said...

The close up of Clark in the tub reminds me of the Vday Visit and Willa's first bath. I can't believe how time flies. See you in a few :) Give my bff Willa some sugar for me

dockters said...

Congrats on your new arrival! I also love your goals...and I'm impressed that you've been able to shower everyday. HUGE accomplishment!

Willa suddenly looks so big and grown up. Glad you all seem to be adjusting well!

Outlandish McCandlish said...

Wow! Clark is still smaller at 2 weeks than my big headed boys were at birth. Your little family is growing. So happy for you all.

Moe said...

Ok girl - I keep looking on your blog for new Clark pics and stories ... get with it!! I need more of the Wetzel Crew in my digital life please :)