Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Preschool

Willa started preschool last week (Wednesday, Sept. 4).  She was thrilled!  We've been in Albuquerque over 2 months and we've been laying low trying to keep Oliver healthy as long as we can.  Willa was so excited to start school to make a few friends.  She came home after her first day and said the best thing about school was "meeting my first new best friend."  She doesn't know her name or anything about her, but they played tea party with REAL water together and that sealed the deal...BFF...BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!


 
Willa is going to Paradise Hills United Methodist Community Preschool.  I had such a hard time finding a preschool.  I asked lots of moms for recommendations, but everything was either full or too far.  I found this school by asking the secretary at a preschool close to our house.  Willa and I toured the school (it was the only school we toured).  Her class wasn't set up because it was still summer.  All the toys were packed up and the chairs and tables were stacked, BUT there was an aquarium with pet frogs among the organized mess.  She was sold.  Willa wants a pet so bad so some frogs in her classroom is the next best thing, I guess.  Even though it was a little farther then I wanted to drive (12-15 min), there were lots of things I liked about it so I signed her up (messy creative art, music time with a music teacher, no before or after care, kids have to bring a packed lunch, very organized website and office, strong emphasis on reading).

Willa goes twice a week for four hours.  And she gets to eat lunch there.  Very exciting for a four year old.

I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and do a little beginning of the year interview.  Here's Willa:


And while I was at it, I "interviewed" Clark and Oliver. 

Clark is 2 1/2.  He talks more and more every week, but he is hard to understand.  He imitates practically everything Willa says all day long. Luckily Willa doesn't mind.



Oliver is 6 weeks old.  He smiles and coos when we talk to him.  I remember Willa doing that.  I don't remember Clark doing that.  Clark's eye surgery was when he was 6 months old and he couldn't really see us until then.  So we didn't get the smile shows and cooing.


I am also thrilled Willa is in school.  Running errands or trying to get things done at home with only Clark and a tiny baby is so much easier.  Plus, I love knowing Willa is somewhere she loves, is learning new things, is meeting new people and having new experiences.  I'm excited for the school year.  I love watching my kids learn and make discoveries.

6 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Cute kids!!!

Katie said...

congrats to willa on her new bff! she is sure a friendly one. i love that her favorite food is candy. and then "you know that mom". And I like how clark says Albuquerque.

Moe said...

Your family has a fascination with their tongues

Amanda said...

Love seeing the kiddos! And I can't wait to snuggle with Oliver!!

Marie said...

So glad you found a preschool you like! And really, did you even doubt that Willa would come home on the first day with a BFF? She is the friendliest girl I know! Miss you guys!

sinika said...

Your kids are darling. I need to do some video interviews. Willa reminds me of my Lincoln a little- I can tell they are both four. I love Oliver's dark hair! I wonder if it will stay?