Tuesday, December 1, 2009

holiday cheer

I woke up Monday morning in the mood to decorate.  I pulled out all of my decorations and put on Christmas music.  Willa loved dancing to the music and looking at all of the decorations.  Matt and I have been married 7 years and we've never put up a big Christmas tree because we've always been out of town on Christmas.  We have a little 2 foot fiber optic tree that we always set up, but that's it. 

I didn't want to spend the next month keeping Willa away from the tree so I had decided I wasn't going to put one up again.  But as Willa and I were going through the decorations, I realized it was Willa's first Christmas.  A little girl needs a tree.  So we jumped in the car and went shopping for our very own Christmas tree.  I've always loved the artificial skinny alpine trees and I found some.  I love them.  I also bought beads and glittery red unbreakable balls.  I am so happy with our trees.  And so far, Willa has pretty much left them alone.





No comments: