Monday, July 12, 2010

date night

at the gun range.
Matt said it was the best date he's ever been on.


For $40 we got dinner at the cafe...


two boxes of ammunition... two targets...


one hour on a lane...


gun rental...
(we could trade guns as often as we liked)


and free babysitting.
(thanks to our babysitting group)


We fired two handguns - a .357 Magnum (above) and .45 Springfield 1911 (below)


It was a crazy good deal.  I'm not super comfortable around guns.  I did not grow up shooting guns. And for some reason shooting hunting rifles and shotguns doesn't weird me out as much as handguns do, but after I got over that, it was fun to try and shoot a bullseye.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks super fun!

Melissa said...

What a great date...gotta admit, my husband and I have done this too for dates. I love revolvers.

Julie Sacks said...

Matt -
This is Justin Sacks. I'm at UT right now and interested in Radiology. I'm a fourth year. We actually met a couple of time, and talked for a little bit when moving in Eric Marks into his house. I'm in need of Radiology advice, if you have some to offer :). I don't know how else to contact you. My email is jsacks@gmail.com.
Thanks!

Justin

Kent and Leisy said...

I am jealous of your amazing date night! and lindsay- your hair is getting so long. I guess you've been gone a year now. so crazy. For book club this month we are reading "O, Pioneers!" I think of you guys every time I pick up the book! Tell willa hello from toledo!

John said...

Nice choice in guns. Matt certainly didn't start you small. :) When the residency adventure is done Emilee and I decided you guys need to move to Utah.