Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Days 7 & 8 - Vancouver to Seattle and then home

May 4

Check out was at noon so we spent a lazy morning enjoying the beautiful hotel, the heated pool and hot tub, and the view.





After checking out, we still had a few hours before our train left for Seattle.  We went to Gastown (the original downtown Vancouver which is now full of shops and businesses) and did a little souvenir shopping for the kids, saw the historical steam clock and ate lunch.



I hate travel days because some of the day is invariably wasted.  Our friends all flew out of Vancouver that morning.  Matt and I both wished we were flying out of Vancouver instead of Seattle, but once the train pulled out of the station, the water came into view, and the sun started setting, we were happy.  It was beautiful.






We had to transfer to a bus in Everett, Washington because a freight train derailed earlier in the day.  Luckily, Everett is close to Seattle and it only added 20 minutes to the trip. We didn't get to our hotel until after 1 am and our flight left at 5:30 am.  So it was short night!

Day 8 - May 5

I was really excited to see Willa and Clark.  When we picked the kids up, Willa was excited to see us.  Clark was excited to see Matt and was angry at me.  He wouldn't come to me or smile at me for a good 30 minutes. Sorry, little guy!  

I'm not sure I've said it enough - Thank you! Thank you! Marcia and Brittany for watching our kids! I know they had such a good time while we were gone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures were gorgeous. There is so much color in this part of the world and I love color. love Mom

sinika said...

I have loved seeing your pics! Funny how babies are mad at their moms after- a week is just a long time for a little one. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Moe said...

It cracks me up that Clark was mad at you. He's such a little character. The train ride pics look awesome - super jealous!

brittani c. said...

Your photographs are absolutely beautiful, Lindsay. Like, jaw-dropping. I'm still scrolling down to see your fun trip...